GIORGIO MELETTI CAVALLARI WINERY
Wine Production and Tasting
Staying at the agriturismo Villa Borgeri, you will be in the heart of Giogio Meletti Cavallari’s Winery, established by Giorgio in 2002 after leaving the prestigious family winery “Grattamacco” when he was just 24.
There are more than 7 hectares of vineyards cultivated according to the standards of Organic Agriculture and the old local traditions.
In the “Tasting Room” of the agriturismo, you can taste and buy all the wines of the Winery:
- Impronte: Bolgheri Rosso D.O.C. Superiore is the cru of the company, from our particular vineyard in the woods, Piastraia, located 300 mt. above sea level. Is an harmonious union of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Balance between power and elegance that perfectly mirror the spirit of the famous winery.
- Borgeri: Bolgheri Rosso D.O.C. is our summary expression of “terroir” Bolgheri a perfect blend between Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah, characterized by strong ruby red colour, slightly balsamic red fruits fresh bouquet, lovely taste.
- Borgeri White: is the alter ego of Borgeri Red. It is able to express our fresh and direct vision of “terroir” Bolgheri, but with white grapes! Vermentino and Viogner present in equal measure give intense and persistent perfume of fresh fruit and flowers.
- Rosé: born as a play of colors and flavors. We propose it as the right wine for every situation! It is from Syrah and Merlot grapes after a soft pressing. It has bright pink with purple reflections and you can perceive distinctly fresh and fragrant scents.
Take a tour of the extraordinary Winery and reach the Piastraia Vineyard: from here, surrounded by the wild Mediterranean nature, you will be able to look at the sea and the islands of the Tuscan archipelago.
* Wine Shop and tasting Room opening hours: every day 9.30 am -1.00 pm / 3.00 – 6.00 pm
Francesca and Giorgio will organize for you on request special wine tastings of the Costa degli Etruschi wines, guided by experts and sommeliers. Moreover, they will help you find the best restaurants to try the local Tuscan cuisine.